Cucumber Tomato Tahini Salad
A simple and authentic Middle Eastern Tahini Salad made with cucumbers, tomatoes, and fresh herbs swimming in a homemade tahini dressing. Serve with falafel, kabobs, or as an appetizer with pita wedges.
- 1 Lime Tahini Sauce recipe, Use this recipe to make it
- 1/2 large English cucumber (seeded and diced into small cubes)
- 1 to 2 tomatoes (vine-ripe, diced into small cubes)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (chopped, remove the seeds for less spicy)
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper (optional)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- lime juice (if needed)
- For the dressing, make my lime tahini sauce recipe by blending tahini paste, lime juice, water, kosher salt together, then stir in a good cup of parsley. You can do this one night ahead of time and save it covered in the fridge. (If the tahini sauce becomes thicker as it sits in the fridge, you can stir in more lime juice or water to loosen it).
- To make the salad, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the tahini sauce with the diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and jalapeno. Add the Aleppo-style pepper, if using. Mix well. Taste and add salt to your liking. And if needed, add more lime juice.
- Leftover tahini salad can be stored in the fridge in a tight-lid container for about 4 days.