24 Jun Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
These Grilled Vegetable Kabobs with summer squash, mushrooms, onions, and brussels sprouts are a quick and easy way to add vegetables to any meal. Instructions for how to cook vegetable kabobs on the grill and how to make them in the oven included below. For more flavor, allow the vegetables to marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini, cut into half moons
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces brussels sprouts, halved, (it helps to microwave the brussels briefly so they are a bit
- softer and will go through the skewers more easily)
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or ½ to 1 teaspoon red pepperflakes)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of two lemons
- Prepare 8 to 10 skewers (if using bamboo or wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes).
- Chop the vegetables and garlic and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the parsley and season with Kosher salt, oregano and pepper flakes. Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Set the vegetables aside for 20 minutes while you heat the grill (Or you can marinate them in the fridge for a few hours until you are ready).
Vegetable Kabobs on the Gas Grill
- Heat a gas grill to medium and oil the grates.
- Arrange the skewers on the heated grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning as needed, until the vegetables are cooked and charred in some parts.
Vegetable Kabobs in the Oven
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Assemble the kabobs on a large sheet pan and roast on the center rack of the oven, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through to your liking.
- Serve with Romesco Sauce for dipping.
- Leftovers: make sure the vegetables are cool before storing them in the fridge. Slide them off the skewers and keep them in a tight-lid container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.