06 Nov How To Make Homemade Pita Chips Recipe
How To Make Homemade Pita Chips Recipe
This recipe is all you need to make the BEST crispy homemade pita chips! And you can season them any which way you like. Keep them on hand to use as a snack or to serve with your favorite dips and salsas.
Are pita chips healthy?
As far as snacks go, not only are they versatile but homemade pita chips are healthier than other store-bought chips and savory snacks.
For one, they pack significantly less fat. And you get to control the amount of salt.
- 2 to 3 pita bread with pockets store-bought or homemade
- Extra virgin olive oil I used Greek Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Seasoning of choice I used a generous sprinkle of Za’atar
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. And prepare a large sheet pan (do not line with parchment).
- Split the pita pockets in half to make single rounds of pita. Place each pita flat on your cutting board and split them in half from the seam with a sharp knife or kitchen shears (you should end up with 2 single rounds of pita). Note: If your pitas are the thick, single-layer kind, you can skip this step as you can’t split them.
- Brush with extra virgin olive oil & Season. Brush the pita rounds with extra virgin olive oil and season with kosher salt and za’atar (do this on both sides).
- Cut into triangles. Using a knife or a pair of kitchen shears again, cut each round of pita into 8 triangles.
- Bake! Arrange the pita triangles on the prepared sheet pan. Bake anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, checking occasionally to turn over the pita triangles that have gained color, until you have pita chips that are crispy and golden brown to your liking.