Mediterranean Cabbage Salad (No Mayo Coleslaw)
You’ll love this extra crunchy and bright Mediterranean Cabbage Salad, a no-mayo coleslaw with loads of fresh veggies, herbs, toasted almonds, and a zippy Dijon vinaigrette! This is the perfect make-ahead salad, and it comes together in 20 minutes!
For the mustard vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
For the cabbage salad:
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, trimmed, chopped (both white and green parts)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin sticks
- 4 large radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- kosher salt
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Make the mustard vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and spices.
- Make the salad. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, red bell pepper, radishes, parsley and dill. Season with salt. Add the sumac. Add the toasted almonds. Toss gently to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette all over and toss to combine.
- If you have the time, give the salad 30 minutes to 1 hour for the flavors to meld.
- Leftovers: You can store leftovers in the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Make-Ahead: You can chop the cabbage and vegetables and keep them in the fridge in separate containers or zip-top bags for use in the next few days. You can also make the dressing and save it in the fridge in a tightly-closed jar.