06 Sep Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
Simple and bright cauliflower salad, prepared Mediterranean-style with chopped veggies, garlic, and a zippy dressing of fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. This is a great way to gluten free tabouli!
- 1 head raw cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 whole bunch parsley stems partially removed
- 3 to 4 Roma tomatoes very small diced or chopped
- 1 English cucumber hot house cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade. Pulse a few times until the cauliflower turns rice-like in texture.
- Transfer the finely chopped cauliflower into a larger bowl. Add the parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Give the salad a quick toss to combine.
- Now, add the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Finish with fresh lemon juice and a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp). Give the salad one more good toss to combine.
- For best results, set the cauliflower salad aside for a few minutes before serving to allow the cauliflower to soften and absorb some of the dressing. You can also cover and chill for later. Enjoy!
- Option: If you prefer, you can use a knife to chop the cauliflower into very small florets rather than using the food processor to turn it into cauliflower rice. Very small florets should also absorb the flavors and dressing well.
- Leftovers: store leftovers in the fridge in a tight-lid glass container. It should last 3 days or so.