03 Jul Mediterranean Chickpea Egg Salad Recipe
Mediterranean Chickpea Egg Salad Recipe
Simple and satisfying chickpea egg salad recipe, prepared Mediterranean-style! Tons of texture and flavor.
- 2 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
For Egg Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers (or 1/2 seedless English cucumber), diced
- 2 to 3 green onions, trimmed, and chopped (both white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 5 large hard boiled eggs, sliced
- In a small bowl or mason jar, mix together the dressing ingredients. Set aside for now.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the salad ingredients except the eggs. Give the dressing a quick whisk and pour over the salad. Mix to combine. Add the sliced eggs, and mix gently again. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Add a sprinkle more sumac. Set aside a few minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld. (See recipe notes for preparing ahead). Enjoy!
- Prepare ahead. You can mix the salad a few hours in advance; cover tightly and refrigerate. For best results, add in the eggs a few minutes or up to an hour before serving. Salad will keep well for 2 to 3 days in the fridge in a tightly-closed container.
- Variation. If you prefer, omit the jalapeno peppers. Instead, use mild bell peppers 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers of any color you like.
- Recommended for this recipe. Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And from spice collections, sumac and coriander.
- SAVE! Try our Greek olive oil bundle or our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle. Create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections.