18 Jul Mediterranean-Style Mango Salad Recipe with Spinach
Mediterranean-Style Mango Salad Recipe with Spinach
Healthy Mango Salad with Spinach, prepared Mediterranean-style with pomegranate arils and fresh herbs, and tossed with fresh lime juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and sliced into half moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh ripe mangos, peeled and sliced (about 4-5 mangos)
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper
- juice of 1 large lime
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, mangos, shallot, pomegranate seeds, and herbs. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, Aleppo pepper flakes (or another chile pepper you like).
- Add the lime juice and about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate. Sprinkle a bit more pepper flakes all over. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers and storage: store any leftover mango salad in a tightly covered glass container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Recommended for this recipe: Aleppo-style pepper for a subtle heat. And as far as olive oils go, for this salad, I like to use a flavorful olive oil that has a bit of a peppery finish such as our Spanish Hojiblanca extra virgin olive oil, which is moderately intense, fruity with a slight bitterness.