Mediterranean Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
Simple Mediterranean tomato salad with feta, red onions, and fresh herbs, and finished with a bright citrus dressing of citrus and extra virgin olive oil.
- 6 to 7 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced into wedges (on-the-vine tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes preferred)
- 1 medium red onion, halved, then thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh dill, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- Kosher salt, to your liking
- Black pepper, to your liking
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Feta cheese, to your liking, optional
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, fresh herbs and garlic.
- Add sumac, kosher salt and a generous sprinkle of freshly ground pepper. Add lemon juice, white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Top with large pieces of quality feta cheese (optional). Enjoy!
- This recipe will serve 4 people as a lunch entree or 6 people as a small salad before dinner.
- Storage: leftovers can be stored in a tight-lid container in the fridge for 2 days.